Trip Lee – One Sixteen (feat. Andy Mineo & KB)
Flame feat. Young Noah – Try Me (feat. Young Noah)
Farenite – Farenite – I Rep Christ
Shiselon – Brawler Riddim
Ordinary – Bless the Lord
DJ Nicholas – Barrier Live
Tiko & Gita – One Minute Your Here
Koen Duncan – Babylon
J Square – Pressin On
Papa San – Road To Travel
Stitchie – Gangsta Life
Lecrae – Black Rose
Shiselon – New Man (feat. Farenite)
The Living Word
Scripture: John 1:1-18
Introduction to John
- John is most likely the last gospel to be written out of the 4 that are in the bible.
- John’s purpose was different from the other writers Matthew, Mark and Luke. His purpose is stated in chapter 20:31-32. John 20:30
- Now Jesus did many other signs in the presence of the disciples, which are not written in this book;
- John 20:31 but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God and that by believing, you may have life in His name.
- John 1:1-18 is usually referred to as the prelude because it has to set a foundation for what you are about to read. Think of it like Star Wars or Transformers, at the start of the movie they need to let you know about the galaxy and the war and cybertron etc… all this is to lead you to what you are about to witness in the show. This is what John, the writer does here.
- John starts out with the words “In the beginning…”, Genesis 1:1 starts out like that also. John is doing something to show that this person he is writing about goes back….way back.
- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. Immediately you should realize that the w in word is capitalized. Capitalization in the bible was not just to start a sentence, it often showed deity. If you have time check to see when the word God is capitalized and not. You would see when the God of Israel is said it is capital and when other gods of other nations is mentioned it is common. So the word existed in the beginning and the Word was God.
- Then the Word starts to take on a gender; verse 2,3,4 you see gender being applied to the Word. He was in the beginning. All things were made through Him etc.
- References to light are made
- John 1:4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.
- Check how many times you see the word light in between v1-18. Repetition of a word usually means something significant is happening and there is a big fact there.
- Skip now to v14 we see the explanation for giving a gender to the word.
- Joh 1:14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen His glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.
- John says the Word became flesh. He is talking about Jesus. The whole goal of the prelude is to introduce Jesus, not just as the man who died on the cross, but the man who existed before the world began and was with God. John wanted to show that Jesus was God full stop. His further writings were buildt on this foundation.
Follow up Study:
- Try to find the amount of times Light is referred to in the section
- Read Genesis 1:1 and see the creative process and how it relates to John 1:4
- Try to figure out how neglecting the Word of God is like neglecting Jesus himself.
If you have a Bible go and take a look at it. Have you neglected that bible? If you have then you may be neglecting the Word, which we just found out is Jesus.
In the bible God puts His thoughts for us to know and understand and apply. He even went further by allowing His thoughts to be revealed in a human form.
Jesus came and was literally the walking Bible “The Word” but many neglected Him and mocked Him. We know what their fate was because of that.
What will be our fate if we choose to neglect the word of God and not live by its principles?
If you have not taken up your bible in a while, try and take it up today I am positive God has something to say to you in it.
John 1:12 But to all who did receive Him, who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God,
Read the word of God and receive it, that’s the first step to becoming or continuing as a Child of God.
DOWNLOAD LINK: DJLIVSTRONG BSM 1 MIXATPE